Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code
1. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you block a trail, or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Before to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday vacation. The Snow Motion Program will beginning this week with some 1st and 2nd grade clinics at Cochran's Ski Area. Our 1st day on snow for 1st/4th grade will be January 15th and 2nd/3rd grade will begin January 22nd.
One of the focuses of the Snow Motion program is to teach scholars how to be safe and responsible skiers/snowboarders. Knowing and following the Seven Points of the Responsibility Code, is a good place to begin.