Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Welcome Back To School!! #resvt



What a beautiful summer!  I hope all of you enjoyed the time off.  Hopefully everyone had a fantastic first day of school at RES.  It was great to see all of the smiley faces in P.E.  I'm really excited  for the year to begin and feel very luck to be able to share my joy of movement with so many scholars.  This year we will be adding tennis, pillow polo, orienteering, snowboarding, and many other cool things to the curriculum.  The 3rd and 4th graders will be going to Cochran's beginning in January.  I'm still hoping that we might get another grant which would help fund the 1st/2nd graders going to Cochran's also.  If not there is always next year.

One of my goals this year is to continue to find new ways to showcase what scholars are learning in P.E.  Last year scholars created their own games.   The creativity was off the charts.  This year I will post a new game each week on the blog.  Also I will place all of the selected games in a games page on the site so that other P.E. teachers can reference them for their own classrooms.  Each week I will also post a segment called RES has Talent.  Scholars can show of all of their unique and amazing talents.  The talent doesn't need to be a physical talent.  We all have something that we do that makes us feel proud and or feel special. I want to give scholars a platform to show off those abilities.  Lastly we will still be having the Purple Paw Award to recognize scholars who put in extra effort answering weekly EQ (Essential Questions) on nutrition.

Welcome back!!!  Don't forget to stop in and say hi to Mr. G.


No comments:

Post a Comment