Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ask Mr. G


Mike Berry gave me a great idea about how to get kids more engaged in learning.  Beginning this week scholars at RES can come up with questions for me.  The questions can be about anything; however I'm encouraging kids to ask me things about health, sports, nutrition, anatomy, etc.  For example a scholar asked me today what the strongest muscle in the body was. Any question is fine as long as isn't something that is really specific like "what's their great aunts dogs name".

The concept behind this idea is to get scholars are RES working hard to stump Mr. G.  I have until the end of the day to answer the question and if I can't, then I will come to their classroom and do 10 burpees.  Yuck I hate burpees!!!  Scholars can work on their own, with a friend, or in a large group.  Lastly, I will record scholars asking their questions and share as many as possible on the blog along with answers.

Go easy on me!!!

Mr. G

No comments:

Post a Comment