Monday, December 30, 2013

This Week in P.E



I can't believe our vacation is almost over :(  The video posted above is a compilation of several different games that scholars created at RES in P.E.  A few weeks ago one of my colleagues gave me the idea to have kids create their own games.  We took the idea and ran with it, and I couldn't believe the outcome. Scholars could use any of the equipment in the gym closet for their game. Everyday there is a new stack of games waiting for me to review.  I've received almost a 100 different games so far and am really impressed by the creativity that I'm seeing. 

When creating a game the only guidelines that are given, are first the game must be safe and second it must be inclusive.  Meaning kids can't get eliminated and be out of the game.  Lastly, our current unit is volleyball and somehow there must be a volleyball related skill in the game. If our unit were basketball then there would need to by some type of basketball skill in the game.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their time off!!!

Mr. G     

No comments:

Post a Comment